Wednesday, September 29, 2010

observations

1. Riding the bus is, for the most part, a calm and peaceful experience.

2. It’s kind of fun wandering around the city during the day.

3. I’m surprised so many other people are also wandering around the city during the day. Don’t these people have jobs?

4. Some people just like to dress up like “sexy” cats.

5. Some people just like to dress up like “women.”

6. San Franciscans are friendly and kind.

7. The Alemany Farmer’s Market taught me that plums are not exclusively sour and mealy. There’s this one kind of plum that looks like a grocery store plum on the outside, but on the inside it’s dark maroon and super juicy and sweet. Now I understand why people make desserts with plums, or really, eat them at all.

8. I can go approximately three weeks without social interaction (other than talking to Chris in the evenings) before I start to think, “Hm, I kind of wish I had friends here.”

9. We have no friends here.

10. Hardwood floors and glass doorknobs make me as happy as I thought they would.

11. There is NO MILDEW in San Francisco. I may never clean my bathroom again, ever. I’m not kidding. Yes, I am. No, I’m not.

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAYYYY for blogging!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete