Tuesday, October 19, 2010

to make up for the lack of photos here

Did you know Chris has a tumblr, and that his posts consist almost exclusively of photos? We are like the yin and yang of blogging.

A couple weekends ago we went to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival at Golden Gate Park. It was crowded and freezing, and in order to have a decent seat/view we would have had to set up camp that morning, apparently, but thanks to a kind gentleman and his cooler, I was able to watch Conor Oberst perform the very last song of his set (it was one of my favorites). Chris documented the moment for us all.

I felt kind of silly standing on a cooler peeking through the fence, but I'm really glad I did it. I listen to these two albums all the time and love them with a fierce and emo devotion, but I'd never actually seen Conor Oberst before, so I was confused by the small guy with the mop of brown hair, bopping around the stage. Where's the tall, nearly anorexic Conor Oberst with the greasy, dirty blond hair? Oh, I made him up? Hm. This is going to take a bit of adjustment. (Kind of like the first time I saw Ira Glass.)

Thankfully, we snagged a patch of grass on the outskirts for the Gillian Welch concert--otherwise, I would have had to plop down right in the middle of the sidewalk because my feet were killing me, and we had only just gotten there. Chris is the Gillian Welch fan, but it was a really good show, and we had fun sitting there eating our beignets and people-watching while freezing our butts off.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to eat a beignet with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, for a second there I thought I'd missed the festival (been meaning to go for years) and then remembered that I'd gone back in time. Phew! Hoping to go this year, with the babe. Will let you know how that turns out! Ha!!

    ReplyDelete